I always suggest to take a look at the trendy styles and then go with something that you feel comfortable with! Below are some do’s and don’t of dressing for your Portrait session!
What to avoid:
- Large writing (unless you want the writing to be a focal point in your pictures. Example: a “bump” shirt for a maternity shoot)
- Big Logos.
- Extremely busy graphics (i.e. Ed Hardy Tee’s- sorry Ed.)
- Everyone in plain black tops… cuddle up, and you’ll look like one big black blob.
- Everyone in plain white tops.
Looks that work:
- Adding a splash of color with a vibrant scarf, bold shoes, or chunky earrings.
- Textures, simple patterns, and bright colors all photograph really well..
- Coordinating colors instead of matching everyone perfectly.
- Wearing something that makes you feel beautiful!